Friday, September 4, 2009

September already!!!!!!!

WOW !!!!!!!! Time has just flown by. Been busy making peach butter , breaking in the new to us bread machine, dealing with Sissy's car trouble ( looks like the engine is shot) taking care of the animals, getting Bear ready to home school, getting Buddy ready for tenth grade and so on and so on lol .

Than we found her behind a local shopping center. Her name is Bella. Isn't she cute :) I just couldn't leave her there . We took her to the vet and she checks out OK except for a bite on the under side of her neck. We didn't know what it was until he shaved her neck . So we have to watch her but so far so good



One of the smaller hens finally ( after 2 attempts) hatched her first chicks. Bear and I went down Tuesday morning to let out the chickens than went out and did our shopping. We got home , unloaded the van , and than headed down to clean the coop and feed the animals. Chirp chirp Mom where is that coming from . Bear runs to the baby factory (lol lol lol ) and yells that mama is in the bottom of the coup, than he climbs up and sees 9 furry babies in the box. I ran in to look yep there they are. Ok I took the babies out of the box and put them in a clean one, now mama decides she wants to sit on them so she jumps in . Meanwhile Bear is keeping the other hens away because they aren't happy with the new additions. So here I stand with a box full of chickens lol, I couldn't leave them there, Hubby wasn't due home for hours , and we couldn't get the chicken run out of storage so... I took them up to the house. Now that was something to see me and Bear with ten chickens and a cat lol. Bella was very good and only went by them once . Thankfully Hubby got home and set the run up for me . Mama and babies are happy in their new home.

I'm off for now . Have a great day

3 comments:

Wendy said...

What a cutie!!

Yay for the chicks! We didnt get ANY this year.

LeanneNZ said...

Hi
I found your blog from my stats. So took a peek to see who was visiting.

I've enjoyed having a read. Wow new to home schooling - oh you are going to enjoy it!

Nice to meet you.

Love Leanne

kevin21 said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml