Monday, February 25, 2008

Back in the saddle again

I'm back lol . The funky blahs are gone ( forever I hope) and I'm ready to rock and roll. My sense of humor is back and for those of you that don't know me well just hold on things might get wild around here ; ) .

Been busy( getting my act together) cleaning , the never ending pile of laundry , cooking, you know mommy stuff. I started stripping that old metal cabinet. I was going to paint it a mushroomy color( yep I making up words lol) to go with the teal color we're painting the bathroom ( gotta love opps paint) but now I just don't know. I like the look of the metal. Who knows it can be a mess which is why it was painted in the first place. But I do like the metal lol. Once thats done I can redo the bathroom. Than I'll move the jerry rigged unit ( Grandpas old record player stand and and old set of shelves we found lol) out of there. We're going to add an extra shelve to the unit and paint it ( orange) and put it in Bears closet ( Bear has a thing for traffic cone orange) . See Bear has one of these in his room . Now don't get me wrong it's great but it's not every strong and takes up a bit of floor space. We have to tighten it up all the time because the screws work loose and the whole thing wobbles. So since we don't hang anything in the closet I figured why not use that space. The bins will fit on the shelves and the cabinet will work for games or what ever. I'm working on an idea for coat/hat racks for both of the boys. We have a bunch of old hockey sticks ( why we have them is a mystery lol Hubby found them some where no one plays lol lol ). So I'm figuring a couple of pieces of scrap wood and some coat hooks and (maybe ) the boys will have a place to hang to never ending collection of ball caps and maybe just maybe their coats will make it on there too.

No baby parakeets all 6 eggs where duds. We went out and got a new parter for Dahlia .His name is Duke lol ( Bear picked the name he named the iguana after this guy LOL)


So we'll see what happens maybe we'll see another clutch of eggs this year . Still no babies from the canary's but we do have some time yet so we're keeping our fingers crossed.


The kids just had a week off from school . Mid winter break ????? What the hell is that??? Never happened before. None of us knew how to act. It was so weird having them off in February. But fear not we all made it and with no body count to boot ( it was touch and go there for a while) And it looks like there are more weird vacations coming up . I'm so confused lol lol . I love when their home but there are times when I want to beat all of them with a large stick lol lol lol .

Ok I'm going to work on my cabinet lol . Til next time . Have an awesome day.

No comments: