Monday, July 28, 2008

Have Mercy

That was the quote of the week last week. Things started out normal ( ha ha ha normal) enough. Cleaning, gardening, chickens, yard work you get the idea. I had to have 3 teeth pulled ( in an effort to fix some problems that I've been ignoring) on Tuesday. Not fun but I rolled with it. Took the big kids back and forth to work. More house work. Than Thursday rolls around . Bear was out side with Hubby working on repairing the drains in the back yard , all the rain made a huge mess , than he goes off to play . Next thing I know is Bear is screaming blood curdling screams, Hubby is running and screaming for Bear to come to him. I look out the back window and there's Hubby carrying Bear ( always a bad sign) up hill and there is blood every where . After I panic a bit my EMT training kicks in ( it's always harder when it's one of mine) Ok so I run out side with towels and grab Bear , take a good look , umm head wound. Bear mean while is off his rocker, ok calm him down, apply pressure, hubby cleans up, grabs the peroxide pours it on ,( Hubby's in full EMT mode ) he needs stitches . Off to the er. By the time we get there the bleeding stopped now we can get a really good look , oh man what a mess I won't share all of that lol. Bear is calm now and cracking jokes. 3 hours later they finally get him in . The Dr decides on 3 stitches because the cut is torn in a weird pattern. So on the table I hop and lay Bear next to me, talking to him to keep him busy. Hubby was cracking jokes , nice family outing lol lol. He was very brave only grunted a couple of time. The Dr gives us our walking papers with instructions, the normal stuff but we have to wait 8 days instead of 5 to have the stitches removed. 8 days??? Yeah the cut was weird and the ER Dr. wants to play it safe Yipee let's blow this clam bake ( Bear is so funny some times) home we go. Late night for all. He's fine ( Thank the Lord) acting like his old self .
BIL 1 calls need to have his car inspected asks if Friday is a good day. Sure come on up. Friday morning rolls around and dear BIL 3 calls says they're coming up and want to stay the night. OK sure. Mean while I feel like crap my mouth is killing me so I'm crabby . BIL 1 shows up gets his stuff done and leaves , he's going fishing. BIL 3 shows up with the 3 kids and the dog. My jaw (which hurts like hell) hits the floor. Hell I love all of my family but the 2 little kids are a hand full and I'm not in the mood but I suck it up. Poor Hubby ( who is waiting for me to go nuclear) is running around trying to take care of everything so I don't have to. Saturday Hubby takes everyone but Bear ( who was bent that he couldn't go) and our niece to go shooting. No yard sales for me lol lol . Every one returns and BIL 3 leaves around 4. Than I hear a car door and I'm like now what?????? It's BIL 1 with 30 pound of blue fish. He makes the drop and leaves lol. Sunday was our anniversary and thank god it was clam.

Ok I'm off to take the kids to work .Til next time have a great day.

No comments: