Saturday, May 16, 2009

What happens when you pick up stuff

I end up coming home with stuff like this.

They were running a clearance on ducks we only wanted 6 but I couldn't just leave the 7 th one there all by it's self. So 7 ducks lol. The top picture is their first time in the water. The picture below is just a longer shot of the pond if you look close you see the little quakers.



Than well........ they offered my Cornish rock chicks for a dollar each. Now these are heading for the freezer in a couple of months. They can grow to weigh 20 pounds a piece .Did I need to get 20 well.... no not really but they were a dollar lol lol lol

When we got them home

All settled in their new digs :)

No I didn't buy a rooster this is Casanova, my boy friend, the top man in charge, the king of the coup. If Hubby and I are down by the coup and Hubby move toward me Casanova lets him know that I'm off limits :0. He is a good hubby to the girls so he's a keeper.


And last but not least....Black and white poke a dotted mama. We got her with the rest of the convicts lol. She is so wild that we can't catch her. I'm lucky I was able to get this picture :)
She had a nest some where and now she has 8 tiny chicks . The chicks looked like little mice lol.


Now I'm off to go check on the babies. Til next time have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

lol - my hubby and I were at the feed store the other day and it was all we could do to NOT buy baby ducks! THEY ARE SO CUTE!

I would have bought seven too. :)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

How cute! We thought about ducks, but with our dog I dont know.