Friday, July 3, 2009

Homeschool or not

Hubby and I have been giving some serious thought to homeschooling Bear this coming year. Why ???? Well with budget cuts alot of the programs are being cut. The school police officer is gone . And to tell the truth we don't like the way Bear has been acting. We loved all of his teachers but he's bored. At the beginning of the year the school does a test to see where each kids reading level is. By October they are unable to track him. He scored 20% over the district average in math. He was the only 2nd grader cleared to read the 5th and 6th grade books in the library. We did kinda home schooled him before he stared school. We couldn't find a pre-k school for him so we did it our selves. If thing s go according to plan we'll be moving at some point in the near future ( looks like we're going to move upstate a bit) and I'm not sure on the schools there. I do have some one I can go to for information, Sissy's Boyfriend was home schooled ( he just finished he's 2nd year of collage at 17). I'm going to meet his mom at Sissy's graduation party in a couple of weeks. Even the older kids think it's a good idea. Bear just gives me the " whatever". I guess we'll have to play it by ear uh. Any one have any advice?????
Gotta run and grab the laundry before it rains. Til next time , have a great day.

2 comments:

Womandriver2@gmail.com said...

Check out this blog.
http://copperswife.xanga.com/

the past several mondays for a few weeks now she has been doing posts about home schooling and curriculum's. I love her blog. I am planning on homeschooling our new arrival and have been buying books and researching at websites.

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I'm in the process of researching it right now. My husband and I have finally decided to home school all of our kids this year. We'll see how it goes! I'm nervous but also very excited to try it out! There are so many options out there that I'm a little overwhelmed with that part right now...trying to find cirriculums and all that. Good luck with whatever you choose! There are a ton of bloggers who write about home schooling. I haven't really blogged it yet because I've gotten quite a bit of a negative response from a few people I know in real life...although I did announce in on FB. I'm hoping, in time, they'll come to terms with it! :)