Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some one smack me

Please I mean it lol. The thinks I do to my self. I guess if I was thinking clearly (which I do ...sometimes ) I would see thats it's not so bad. I just have to get a handle on the housework. I'm getting there but I wish it would just be done all ready lol.

Ok... so this is what's happening. The tree is up. Not decorated yet (waiting for the kids to help)but it's up. The poor skinny thing. See we had this big fake tree for about 15 years. The thing was huge what a pain it was to to make it fit in the living room. Wiggle the furniture around, make sure we can open the slider if it ended up over there. Wiggle it some more. Get the lights on , wiggle the thing again. You get the idea. Now add to all of that the tree was falling apart. The branches where unraveling,the needles where falling off. Even the lights had seen better days. So last year I decided it was time to replace the tree and lights. Being as cheap as I am I waited until after Christmas . After looking around my sister found a tree and 300 lights for $8. Ok I can spend $8 so I had her pick them up.

Fast forward to this morning I take it out and set it up. Get the lights on, stand back and look at it. Holy cow it's tiny. Not in a bad way. I mean it's 6 foot tall by 3 foot around but I'm so used to seeing that other monster that it kinda freaked me out. I know it will look fuller when we get all of the stuff on it but damn lol. Charlie Brown has nothing on us lol lol lol. Than I take out the lighted garland that I put on the hutch, wall unit and computer desk and guess what ? Come on guess :) Yep the damn things won't light up. None of them. No matter what we do. UGH!!! Ok I calm done , take all of the lights off figuring I'll add the white lights that we have instead of the colored ones only to remember that I put them back in storage. Oh now I'm really pissed. Hubby is watching me trying really hard not to fall on the floor laughing his ass off.

So I just dropped everything and decided to chill out for awhile before my head explodes. I still have a ton of stuff to do. I have plenty of time. The kids don't get home for a awhile and Hubby is out hunting. I'm just sitting here and enjoying the quiet , typing and going over my to do list. Looks like I'll get everything done as soon as I calm down lol lol lol .

So I'm off to kick somethings ass lol. Have a great day . TTYS

XOXO

No comments: